Other Items of importance:
– Valid passport
– ATM and Credit Cards (let bank and CC companies know you will be in Costa Rica and when)
– $100 or so in cash – bring varied bills no larger than $20 denominations
– Beach towel
– Biodegradable soap and shampoo – Very important for the sinks and showers. These can be found at most sporting goods stores in the camping section or your favorite health store.
– Camera (You will be kicking yourself if you forget this)
– Wildlife field guides if you have them
– Wide-brimmed hat
– Good shoes
– Lightweight long pants
– Lightweight long sleeved shirts
– Gardening gloves
– Bathing suit
– Water bottle – Any typical bottle is fine. There is plenty of fresh water to fill it with.
– Sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses
– Medications – extra prescription, brand name of drug as sold in Panama – check www.drugs.com or the manufacturer’s website for this information.
– Rain gear – not always needed, but when it is needed…
– Notebook, pens, highlighter
Pack according to the season in which your course is scheduled. This is a tropical environment. This course will take place during Panama’s green (rainy) season. Most days will include an hour or two of rain. There will be plenty of sunshine as well. Daytime temperatures usually range from 80-85 F every day and nights down to about 72 F this time of year.
WHAT TO BRING